Thursday, April 3, 2008

Surprise

I believe that without surprises, a lot of my capturing drifts would have ended a whole lot sooner. On my walk for drift one I ventured down around Cass St. and I had taken my dog with me. In fact my strategy for my drift was to let my dog choose the path. This mostly lead us to fire hydrants, other dogs, and a lot of neglected "piles". When Charlie (my dog) and I had passed Brady St., we started moving in a hurried pace. This is when I looked up and discovered a park filled with dogs. I let Charlie loose and introduced myself to the patrons of the park. They informed me that this was a underground dog park. During the summer they would gather with their dogs and adult beverages at this park. It was interesting trying gain acceptance into this new secret crowd but Charlie helped with is ever flowing charm.
The second surprise I encountered was when Charlie led us across a land bride into what I now know as Riverside Park. Nothing against the park people, but in the middle of winter, I would venture to say that that park is one of the most depressing places ever. I had just arrived and immediately I was thinking of the nicer places I have visited in my travels. I couldn't wait to finish capturing and then go home and view something with color. I wish I had taken a picture because any which way you turned was in "gray scale". I kid you not. Every angle, the sky, the trees, the snow, and the ground all were void of color. Or at least my mood made it seem that way. I guess that was the big surprise to me, that a park could be so depressing.

No comments: