Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Peace at last

I would have to say that during the walk I took to gather material for the second drift, I found myself at peace during most of the walk. I would say that this was most likely due to the fact that I am a very visual thinker. Every idea in my head is represented in a visual display in my mind's eye. Basically it was a walk that was more focused on framing and visual presentation in general. I loved every second of it. My only mission in the world was to discover things about my current environment and then contemplate the possible ways of displaying this to a selective audience.
The first example of relaxation I encountered was definetely the energy about the city. There was a high level of energy that day due to the fact that this was the first sunny day in about a week. Regardless of the temperature, there were people all around exploring the outdoors. The sun also did me a favor and created some impressive shadows for me to capture. Shadows during the winter months of Wisconsin are amazing. If you are lucky enough, you can find a selection of snow that is perfectly smooth on the surface, which creates a free and natural canvas for the shadows that you observe. The rest is on you and the clouds to time the perfect capture. Just watch out for golden retrievers.
The second feeling of peace I discovered was when I realized how solid the colors of my surroundings apppeared in the bright sun. The snow showed up as pure white. Lake Michigan had two distinct shades of blue, and the sky had a nice gradual fade. An example of this would be the frame under the title of my second drift, which can be viewed by clicking here.

No comments: